As seen on:
Doga the Book
Involving your dog in yoga sessions can help you develop your yoga practice...
Why do Yoga with your Dog?
- Besides extending dog and human years...
- It's FUN! (in Doga anything goes) Large and Small dogs are welcome
- You and your dog get to socialise with fellow Yogis and Dogis
- You'll get a great Yoga Stretch whilst your dog may or may not participate
- You can let go of ownership and simply enjoy each others company and strengthen the natural bond
- You no longer have to feel guilty joining a yoga class and leaving your dog at home
- Both of you will benefit calming your central nervous which helps with sleep and digestion
- Within 6 sessions your stress level will decrease as well as your loyal companions
INTERNATIONAL DOGA DAY RAISING GLOBAL AWARENESS OF ANIMAL PROTECTION OVERSEAS
Doga Campaign to save dogs from the Dog Meat Trade
Open Your Heart. Stretch Your Soul.
As Yogis and animal lovers, the goal of compassion is at the heart of our practice and our lives. Referred to as the Divine Abode of Karuna in the Yoga Sutras (1.33), it involves a level of sympathy so deep that it inspires action to alleviate another’s pain or sorrow.
Yoga instructor and animal activist Mahny Djahanguiri is establishing June 21st as International Doga Day with the goal of bringing attention to the suffering and slaughter of thousands of dogs during the Yulin Dog Meat Festival in China.
For the past 10 years, Mahny has been working tirelessly to aid charities dedicated to saving these animals from the horrors of the festival. This year, her goal is to create worldwide awareness for her cause through simultaneous Doga and yoga classes spanning the globe.
Participating instructors will provide free classes with students invited to contribute funds to Rushton Dog Rescue, a UK dog rescue charity that goes directly into Yulin each year to save the dogs from slaughter.
Mahny envisions International Doga Day becoming an annual event that will bring financial support and awareness to many deserving animal justice and rescue groups worldwide.
If you are a yoga or pet business and would like to sponsor this global enterprise or create your own "Dog Yoga" campaign contact Events Organizer : Tel:07906135894